A delightful mish-mash of vegetables and rice with nutritive soya granules.This is very helpful for kids.(See my another soya recipes)
Brinjals, quartered 4 small
Carrot, 1/2 inch cubes
1 medium Cauliflower, separated into florets peas 1/4 cup
Green chillies 4
French beans, chopped 7-8
Potato, chopped 1 medium
Tomatoes, chopped 2 medium
Fresh coriander leaves, chopped 1 tablespoon
Split green gram skinless ( moong dal) 1/4 cup
Spinach, shredded 7-8 leaves
Rice, soaked 1 cup
Soya granules 1/4 cup
Oil 2 tablespoons
Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
Onion , sliced 1 large
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Add cumin seeds and when they begin to change colour, add onion, brinjals, carrot, cauliflower, green peas, green chillies, French beans and potato. Sauté for two minutes.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder and mix. Cover and cook on low heat for three to four minutes.
- Add rice and three cups of water. Cover and cook for two minutes. Add soya granules, stir and again cover and cook for two minutes.
- Add tomatoes, coriander leaves, split green gram and spinach leaves and stir to mix well.
- Add salt, stir and cover. Cook on medium heat till done. Serve hot.