This is very healthy and delicious biryani. It is full vegetarian for all my veg lovers.
Basmati rice 1 1/2 cups
Soya granules , soaked in one cup milk /Water 1 cup
Ghee 3-4 tablespoons
Cinnamon 1 inch stick
Green cardamoms 2-3
Shahi jeera 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
Ginger paste 1 tablespoon
Garlic paste 1 tablespoon
Coriander powder 1 tablespoon
Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
Red chilli powder 1 1/2 tablespoons
Tomatoes, chopped 3-4 large
Salt to taste
Green peas, parboiled 1 cup
Green chillies, chopped 2-3
Fresh coriander leaves, chopped 2 tablespoons
Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
Onions , sliced 2-3 medium
Fresh mint leaves for garnishing
Wheat flour dough , to seal as required
- Heat ghee in a thick-bottomed pan, add cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves, caraway seeds, and cumin seeds.
- When they begin to change colour, add sliced onions and continue to saute. Add ginger paste, garlic paste and a little water to onions and continue to saute.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and tomatoes. Mix and sauté. Add salt and mix.
- Add soaked soya granules, green peas and green chillies. Cover and cook. Add chopped coriander leaves,mint leaves and half a teaspoon of garam masala powder to the soya granules gravy and mix well.
- Then add Soaked Rice,2 tsp curd,2 tbsp milk and mix well.
- Finally the soyarice mixture put in rice cooker add 2 1/2 cup water and mix well adjust the salt and garam masala to your taste.
- Then your biryani is ready to eat
- Serve hot with a raita of your choice.
Instead of soya granules you can add mutton kheema also.