Great color combination of yellow and green turns out when you prepare Dal Palak. Very healthy and tasty recipe to try out. This recipe is very easy to make and it goes with any rice dish or roti or paratha.
1 bunch of palak (spinach)
1 cup of yellow split gram lentils (Toordal)
1 big onion
2 - red chilli (dried)
1/1 tsp cumin seeds
pinch of asfoetida
1 tsp turmeric powder
1tsp red chilli powder
2-3 garlic pods
1/2 tsp grated ginger
- Soak dal for 2 hr in warm water.
- Make a paste of palak (spinach) by grinding in a mixture.
- Heat oil in pan. Add finely chopped onion to this.
- When onion start golden brown, add all masala i.e. cumin seeds, asfoetida, grated ginger and garlic , kitchen king masala, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, dried red chilli.
- Fry for some time and add finely chopped tomatoes to this.
- Let it cook for some time.Finally add palak and dal to this.
- Add salt according to taste
- Simmer for 5-10 mins and let it cook.