Samosas are my favorite snack. I simply love the crispy layer of it with spicy masala in there. Oh! I want to run to shop and have it right away!
There are lot of recipes which can be made using Samosa. . My samosas are simply awesome--crispy layer and spicy masala...Oh! I love it.
5 Medium boiled Potatoes
1/2 cup peas
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp crushed green chilli paste
1.5 tsp ginger paste
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
2 tsp crushed peanuts
1/2 tsp sesame seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 cup green chopped coriander
oil for sizzling
2 cup all purpose flour (maida)
baking soda (slight)
5-6 drops lemon juice
cold water for kneading
In a bowl add mashed potatoes, peas, coriander powder, salt, ginger and chilli paste.
Mix them well.
Heat 2tsp oil in a skillet pan.
Add coriander seeds, crushed peanuts, cumin seeds and sesame seeds to this.
When sizzling is done, remove it from stove and mix it well in potatoes mixture.
Add green coriander, mango powder and salt according to taste.For Cover:
- Mix all ingredients viz., all purpose flour, sugar, salt, baking soda.
- Knead well with cold water and lemon juice into soft dough.
- Keep a side for 15 mins.
Making of Samosa;
- Take small portion of dough and form round ball using your hands
- Roll dough ball in 4-5" circle.
- Cut it into half using knife
- Take semi circle roll and fold into shape of cone.
- Fill the potato mixture using spoon.
- Seal the opening using some water.
Oven Baked Samosa:
- Turn your oven to 400 degree F.
- Reduce the temperature to 300 degree when you keep samosa in oven.
- Usual time is 45 mins for perfect crispy samosas to get ready.
- In between keep turning sides , so that they dont get burn on one side.
- In a kadai heat with oil then deep fry the all samosa in a medium heat
- Serve them with mint-coriander chutney and tamarind chutney.
- Arrange Samosas in a plate add one by one tomato ketchup,mint chutney or tamarind chutney,sev,onions,coriander leaves Add lemon juice before serving.