Palak Dal is very good for health . It is good combination for Rotis and even Rice also.
Palak 2 bunches
Toor Dal 1/2 cup
Garlic 1 pond
Green Chilli 2
Chilli Powder 2 tsp
Tamarind Pulp 1 tbsp
Channa Dal 1 tsp
Urad dal 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds 1 tsp
Turmeric 1/4 tsp
Hing a pinch
Jeera 1 tsp
- Wash and cut palak to a very fine consistency. Cut onions to a fine consistency and keep it aside separately. Also crush garlic. Wash curry leaves and separate it from the strings.
- Soaked Toor Dal ,finely chopped palak,green chilli in sufficient quantity of water with a few drops of cooking oil and a pinch of turmeric powder for around 10 minutes and cook it in the cooker as usual.
Place a thick wide bowl on flame with 4-5 teaspoons of cooking oil in it. On heating add musturd seeds, channa dal, urad dal, jeera,hing , finely chopped onions with some salt to it.
When onions turn transparent, add crushed garlic, curry leaves to it .Fry for some time and add turmeric powder ,chilli powder,Tamarind pulp and salt to it.
Cooked, mix the cooked palakDal to it and just stir well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and Ghee.
- Dal Palak can be relished with rice also.
- Dal Palak can be a side dish for Chapati and Rottis