Kabuli Channa 2 cups
Green Chilli 1
Ginger Garlic paste- 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon stick -1/2 stick
Bay Leaf 1
Dania powder- 1/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder 1 tsp
Chole/Channa masala 2 tbsp Any Brand
Chilliy powder- 1 tsp
lemon and cilantro
Oil 4 tbsp
- In a bowl, wash and soak 2 cups Kabul Channa overnight
- In pressure cooker put in the Kabul Channa, 1 tsp Salt Enough to cover the kabuli Channa
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles.Then lower the flame for a few min before taking off the flame
- Once the steam escapes from the pressure cooker, drain and keep the Channa outside
- In a deep pan add 4 tbsp if oil and add Cinnamon,cloves,bay leaf,chopped onions, Green chilis stir on a low flame till onion turns golden brown color
- Then add ginger garlic paste, stir and fry one min
- Next add chopped tomato's,turmeric,chilli powder,Channa masala, salt.
- If Tomato's are Becomes soft then add 1 1/2 cup Kabul Channa
- Mean while in a Mixer Jar put another 1/2 cup Channa to make a paste with little bit water
- Finely add Channa paste to tomato mixture and half cup of water or required for the gravy
- Close the lid and cook for about ten minutes until most of the water is absorbed and curry looks little thick.
- Finally add some fresh lemon juice and chopped cilantro.
If u don't have chole/channa masala you can add cumin powder 1/4 tsp,gram masala1 tsp,dry mango powder 1/2 tsp,Fennel powder 1/2 tsp also.
You can add mashed potato Instead of channa paste
It can be served with rice or rotis
Serving size: 3 to 4 people