My dad use to grow pumpkins in our Field(agriculture )., My mom made different varieties ( mostly South Indian). We gave so many to our neighbors, friends and relatives and still pumpkins were all over.Indian weather conditions suits really well for this wonderful squash.
Current research indicates that a diet rich in foods containing beta-carotene may reduce the risk of developing certain types of cancer and offers protect against heart disease. Beta-carotene offers protection against other diseases as well as some degenerative aspects of aging.
Pumpkin 7- 8 cubes
Onion 1 big
Green Chilli 4
Chilli Powder 2 tsp
Tamarind pulp 2 tbsp Or To taste
Jaggery/Sugar 2 tbsp ( But I preferred Jaggery)
Gram Flour 1tbsp( Optional) Mix With little water
Water 11/2 cups
For Seasoning :
Mustard Seeds 1 tsp
Urad Dal 1 tsp
Channa Dal 1 tsp
Jeera 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp
Oil 2 tbsp
- Cut the pumpkin into medium sized pieces.
- Finally Chop the onions , tomato and green chilli
- Heat a wide pan .Add 2 tbsp of oil and do all seasonings
- When they done add the chopped Onions.Fry till the Onion is well fried.
- Then add Tomato , green chillis,Turmeric,Chilli powder
- Then Next add Tamarind extract .
- Add the sweet pumpkin pieces.,Add salt, water Cover and cook until they done.
- Then finally add Jaggery,Gram Flour Mixture
- It will give a good taste for this curry..
- Serving with Steamed rice.