Fresh palakGrind the spinach into a fine paste in your food processor without any additional water.
- Add the coriander, cumin, red chilli, asafotida and salt to taste, to the whole-wheat flour. Add the spinach also and mix all together, kneading to form a medium-soft, smooth dough. Add some more whole wheat flour if the dough is too soft.
- Keep the dough aside in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Divide the dough into equal-sized portions and roll into balls between your hands till they are smooth and without cracks.
- Very lightly flour a rolling board or clean counter surface and roll each ball into a circle of 7-8" diameter (5-6mm thick). For convenience roll out as many parathas as you like, stacking them, ready to cook with a layer of cling film between each paratha.
- Heat a griddle and fry the parathas one at a time .
- The paratha is done when both sides are crispy and golden brown.
Posted by SOUJANYA MUPPA 8/24/09