Gongura pachadi/pickle(Andhra Matha) is a very popular authentic Andhra pickle variety on the lines of aavakai (raw mango pickle).These greens are used to prepare curries, stews, dals, and spicy pickles.In Andhra ,Gongura is used to prepare dishes such as Gongura Pappu (lentil),Gongura Vepudu(stir fry),Gongura royallu(prawns),gongura mamsam(mutton)and gongura pachadi,And today i made gongura pulusu kura .The recipe source is my mother.
Gongura/Sorrel leaves – 1 bunch
Onion 1 Big size (Cube size)
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Green chilli 3 Sliced
Garlic 1 pond
Salt – to taste
For Popu (tadka)
Chana dal – 1tsp
Urad dal – 1tsp
Turmeric 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1tsp
Red chilies – 2(depending on the spiciness you need)
Curry leaves – 5
Hing – 1/4 tsp
- Clean the Sorrel leaves and thoroughly .
- In a pressure cooker add Sorrel leaves, sliced garlic,half of onions,greenchilli with water (not too much add ). Here I used 1 cup Water.
- It's enough for 1 whistle.Here Look like this Mixture
- Heat 1 tbsp oil poppu ingredients and after the seeds splutter, add another half onions
- Add the Sorrel mixture,chili powder,salt mix well.
- Adjust seasoning and enjoy with hot rice, Mudda Pappu(Toor Dal) and Ghee.
Serving Size:4 to5 People