Garlic 1 pond Onion 1
Channa Dal 1 tsp
Urad dal 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds 1 tsp
Turmeric 1/4 tsp
Hing a pinch
Jeera 1 tsp
- Wash and cut sorrel leaves .
- Cut onions to a fine consistency and keep it aside separately. Also crush garlic. Wash curry leaves and separate it from the strings.
- Soaked Masoor Dal ,finely chopped sorrel leaves , green chili in sufficient quantity of water with a few drops of cooking oil and a pinch of turmeric powder for around 10 minutes and cook it in the cooker as usual.
- Place a thick wide bowl on flame with 4-5 teaspoons of cooking oil in it. On heating add mustard seeds, Channa dal, urad dal, jeera,hing , finely chopped onions with some salt to it.
When onions turn transparent, add crushed garlic, curry leaves to it .Fry for some time and add turmeric powder ,chilli powder, salt to it.
Cooked, mix the cooked Masoor Dal Mixture to it and just stir well.
Masoor Dal with Sorrel
- Garnish with coriander leaves and Ghee.