The recipe is very simple, it takes about 15 - 20 mins marinating and then slow cooking of about 20 - 30 mins.
Chicken - 400 g/1 lb
Onion - 1 medium
Tomato - 1 medium
Clove - 2
Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
Grated Coconut - 1 tsp
Green chillies - 1
Ginger, grated - 1"
For Dry masala powder
Red chillies - 5
Whole Coriander seeds / Dhania - 1 tbsp
Whole Peppercorns - 1/2 tbsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp cumin
- Dry roast the spices under dry powder. Grind to a smooth powder once its cooled.
- Then apply this spice powder with salt to the chicken. Marinate for 15 to 20 mins.
- Heat a pan with oil, add clove, fennel seeds and cardamom. Then add chopped onions, fry till its brown. Then add the chopped tomatoes, cook for 2 mins.
- Stir in the marinated chicken. Cook on high for 2 mins. Simmer and cover it with lid, cook till the water evaporates.
- When the water is almost evaporated, add the grated coconut and again cook with covered lid, till the chicken becomes dry. This takes about 20 mins for the chicken to become tender.See how colorfull
- When you are removing from the stove, add silted chillies, juliennes ginger and finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serving Size: 5 - 6 people