Carrots grated – 1 cup
Whole (can use 2% too) plain yogurt – 1 cup
Water – 1/2 cup
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 3
Dry red chillies – 3
Asafoetida – 1/2 tsp
Urad dal/black gram – 1 tsp
oil – 1 tsp
- Using a food processor fine shred 3-4 medium sized carrots to make 1 cup.
- Whisk the curd(yogurt), add water to it. Now add the shredded carrots. Keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves, dry red chillies (split into quarters) and asafoetida.
- Add the tempering to the carrot and yogurt mixture.
- Mix salt according to taste and serve with chapati or rice.