Brinjals are rich in iron, calcium and vitamin A. This dish is my personal favourite. But you get the best taste from these type of purple ones,or u can use long Brinjals also available in Asian groceries. Goes well with plain white rice.Two words to describe it...simply superb.
Brinjals Any size(or) shape 4to 5
Onions 2 Sliced
Ginger small piece
Garlic 1 or 2 ponds
Fresh Or Frozen Coconut 1 cup
GreenChillis 5 to 6(according to ur taste)
Salt for taste
Oil 2 tbsp
Urad dal 1 tsp
Channa Dal 1tsp
Mustard Seeds 1tsp
Curry Lraves 2 Stems
Process:Heat oil in a pan and do the seasoning by adding red chillies, channa dal, urad dal, jeera, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Add the sliced onions ,cashews and fry on the medium flame until the onions become light golden color.
- Mean while In a mixer jar put ginger,garlic,coconut,greenchillis,jeera to make a smooth paste
- Now add brinjals pieces cook until pieces are soft
- Now Add the green chilli paste,salt and mix well cook another 2 to 3min
- Open the lid and fry for 5-10 min and remove it into a serving dish.
- Garnish with coriander leaves,cashews.
- Serve hot with rice or chappati's & enjoy the fry.