Boiled chickpeas 1 cup
Rice soaked 2 cups
Carrot diced 1/4 cup
Garlic finely chopped 2
Onion sliced 1
Green Chillis 2
Lemon juice 2 tbsp
Shajeera 2 tsp
Bay leaf 1
Salt to taste.
Water for boiling the rice.
Mint leaves finely chopped 4 tbsp
Cilantro/Coriander leaves finely chopped 1/2 cup
- Heat oil in the vessel add Cloves,Cinnamon stick ,peppercorns and bay leaf
- When they heat up, add the Shajeera seeds.
- Then add the onions and saute till transparent.
- Add the boiled chickpeas,garlic and carrots and saute for a couple of minutes.Add the rice and mix well.
- Add the water and lime juice and cook on low flame till rice is almost done.
- Then add the mint leaves and cilantro.Mix well and cook till rice is fully done.
- Serve hot with Any Raitha.