It is a pure vegetarian dish, because it looks like kheema curry.That's why I put the named for it's Veg Kheema Not only this dish you can be used in non-veg kheema also by using same ingredients. I love adding these granules/chunks in any dish.For Kids It is high in Protein Dish.
Tomatoes 2 to 3 medium size
Onion 1 medium size
Ginger & Garlic paste 1tsp each
Turmeric powder 1tsp
Chilli powder 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Daniya or Coriander powder 1 tsp
Ga ram Masala 1/2 tsp (optional)
Fresh Coriander 1/2 cup
Lime juice 1/2 tsp (optional if not adding gar am Masala)
Oil for cooking.
These two are optional
- Wash and soak granules in warm water for 1/2 hr
- Meanwhile, cut tomatoes into thin slices or make puree and keep aside
- Cut onions into thin slices
- Take a wide pan, heat oil and add Cinnamon,cloves add onions and fry till light brown in color
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for 1 min
- Now add tomatoes and mix well. Again allow to cook for 3 minutes or until tomatoes are cooked completely.
- Add turmeric powder and fry for few seconds, add so ya granules by squeezing all water from it into the pan and mix well.
- Fry for 2 minutes. Add all other mas alas including salt and mix well (if needed very little water ) and allow to cook with closed lid on medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Finally add coriander and lime juice and mix well and Sim for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with hot chapatis or plain rice.